Our Region's Employment Environment... The Miami Valley region offers its residents a rich quality of life - good schools, affordable housing and diverse community living. The Dayton area has a heritage of innovation and entrepreneurial spirit and is the birthplace of aviation, the electric automobile starter and the cash register, among other inventions. The common mission of community partners is to develop the region's workforce. Preparing students for future jobs and connecting established professionals to current opportunities will ensure the economic success of the region.
2019 Technology First SCHOLARSHIP
The Technology First Scholarship is awarded annually to one or more deserving Southwest Ohio area college students. Students selected for this scholarship are matriculating in Information Technology related curriculums, have achieved distinguished academic success, and have demonstrated high character and values.
Technology First is proud to have awarded nearly $70,000 to students from Central State University, Clark State University, Miami University Middletown, Sinclair Community College, University of Dayton, Wilberforce University, Wright State University and Xavier University.
This year COMPLETE applications are due by 5:00 pm on Monday, March 25th.
Students must be available for an interview with the selection committee the morning of Friday, April 5th.
- Must have at least sophomore standing (30 semester hours ) at his/her respective university or college and currently be enrolled as an undergraduate student as defined by the applicant's institution.
- Must be able to prove that his/her major's relation to the information technology field. Approved majors include but are not limited to the following: computer systems, computer science, computer information systems, management information systems, and industrial/computer engineering.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 and a minimum major GPA of 3.25 on a 4.0 scale at the date of submission.
- Must have a strong interest in pursuing an IT career in Southwest Ohio.
- Must be a permanent resident of or attend a North Central accredited degree-granting college or university within the Southwest Ohio region including Adams, Brown, Butler, Champaign, Clark, Clermont, Clinton, Darke, Greene, Hamilton, Logan, Miami, Montgomery, Preble, Shelby and Warren counties.
- Must have a graduation date after August 2019.