Job No: 501309
Work Type: Staff Full Time (1500 hours or greater)
Location: Dayton, OH
Category: Research Staff
Department: Scalable Computing - 250382
Pay Grade: P3 - Exempt
Advertised: August 28, 2023
Applications close: September 15, 2023
Click Here to Apply on UDayton Employment Website
UDRI is a national leader in scientific and engineering research, serving government, industry and nonprofit customers. UDRI contributes to the fulfillment of the University’s commitments to education, research and public service through the involvement of students, faculty and external partners. Established as the research arm of the University of Dayton in 1956, UDRI achieved $2.75 billion in cumulative sponsored research in 2020. Sponsored research for 2022 alone exceeded $220 million. UDRI is ranked first in the nation among all colleges and universities for sponsored materials research, according to the National Science Foundation. Join our team as a Senior Computer Systems Administrator!
This position will provide computer systems administration in support of research taking place at the Air Force Research Labs at Wright Patterson Air Force Base. This position requires previous experience in relevant areas as outlined in the minimum and preferred qualifications.
1. Bachelor's degree in information systems or similar relevant degree plus a minimum of six years of experience OR a Master's degree plus a minimum of five years of experience is required
2. Experience with basic networking
3. Experience developing software or scripts in languages such as Bash or Python
4. Available to work on-site at WPAFB 3-5 days a week
5. Experience working in DoD related field
6. Effective written and verbal communication skills
7. Due to the nature of this position, U.S. citizenship is required
8. Eligibility to obtain a United States SECRET clearance (or higher) is required for ongoing employment in this position
While not everyone may possess all of the preferred qualifications, the ideal candidate will bring many of the following:
1. Bachelor's degree in information systems or similar relevant degree plus 10 years of experience
2. Experience with the Red Hat Linux or its derivative distributions such as Rocky Linux or AlmaLinux
3. Experience maintaining information systems in an air-gapped environment
4. Experience controlling resource access using LDAP
5. Experience specifying, administering, and maintaining storage appliances such as NETApp, QANP or similar.
6. Experience administering and maintaining VPX based systems
7. Experience administering and maintaining server hardware
8. Experience with creating and maintaining containerized applications with tools such as Docker, Podman, Kubernetes, or similar
9. Experience with maintaining or developing websites for internal use
10. Experience with dev ops tools such as Gitlab
11. Experience setting up administering continuous integration tools such as Jenkins
12. Experience developing software in languages such as C/C++
13. Demonstrated, effective interpersonal skills
14. Active US SECRET (or higher) clearance
15. Experience working with socially and culturally diverse communities
Special Instructions to Applicants
To apply please submit a cover letter addressing each minimum qualification and any applicable preferred qualifications that you meet.
Informed by its Catholic and Marianist mission, the University is committed to the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Informed by this commitment, we seek to increase diversity, achieve equitable outcomes, and model inclusion across our campus community. As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, we will not discriminate against minorities, women, protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, or on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity.