Sinclair College Announcement
Who doesn’t want to qualify for free training funds? Right now is a great time to increase your current employees technical skills. The department of Workforce Development at Sinclair College has several programs eligible for state funding with Ohio TechCred. We anticipated it opening again in March, however, they made some changes to the program and it reopened 1 April.
TechCred is Ohio's innovative workforce program that reimburses employers for industry-recognized, technology-focused, credentialed training programs and certificates. The training must be completed within 12 months now and the current online application period is open as of April 1st. Now is the time to start thinking of who needs upskilled!
Here are some things you should know, including changes from previous funding rounds:
1. Employers will identify the specific, technology-centric qualifications they need, as well as the employee(s) they want to upskill.
2. To qualify for reimbursement of training costs, the employer must partner with a training provider and apply online. Individuals must be Ohio residents with a verifiable Ohio address.
3. The length of the grant will be reduced from 18 months to 12 months from the award date.
4. Training programs must start on or after the date of the award, not before, and must be completed in less than 12 months.
5. The state will reimburse up to $2,000 of training costs per credential upon completion. There is no longer a limit of one reimbursement available per employee in each funding round.
6. Employers are eligible to receive up to $30,000 per funding round.
7. The application period begins April 1st and will end on April 30th.
8. Click here for more information about the TechCred program.
Wondering what you could use it for? Many companies in the area have already used it to streamline workflow and improve productivity with Microsoft Office training. Learn to effectively manage projects, analyze data or build PivotTables with Microsoft Office training. With courses for beginners to power users, you can gain the skills you need to master the features and functions of the Microsoft Office suite.
Eligible Industry Areas
- Business Technology (think Adobe Creative Suite or Photoshop for your marketing)
- Construction Technology
- Healthcare Technology
- Information Technology (think Microsoft, Excel or Word)
- IoT & Cybersecurity Technology
- Manufacturing Technology (think SkillsTrac Industrial Maintenance, CNC Machining or GD&T)
- Military & Smart Transportation (automotive training, such as diesel maintenance)
- Robotics/Automation (think electrical troubleshooting or robotic programming)
Please contact Karolyn Ellingson if you have any questions.
Karolyn Ellingson, M.Ed.
Workforce Development Manager
Sinclair Community College | 5380 Courseview Dr | Mason, OH 45040
O: 937.512.5584 | M:937.416.6556| F: 937.512.5591