This position will lead implementing new technical solutions at Speedway aimed at improving the customer experience and\or store operations. This position must blend technical knowledge with business acumen in order to identify, implement and pilot new solutions. The candidate will serve as the focal point for assigned initiatives and be responsible for development of the business case, communication to internal stakeholders and overall implementation success. The candidate will also identify and evaluate new possible technologies in order to present recommendations on them.
• Analyze new technologies and be able to summarize the business opportunity they provide as well as challenges to a non-technical audience.
• Develop business cases for new initiatives to improve customer experience and store operations utilizing technology.
• Establishes overall scope, direction, priorities and goals for each project, based upon Company guidelines; tracks status from inception to completion. Manages changes accordingly
• Provides project management, direction and team leadership for associated projects
• Collaborates with project team members and internal/external partners to ensure customer needs are met by reviewing requirements, status and associated issues
• Maintains positive working relationships with internal and external partners and resolves conflicts as they arise
• Clearly articulate business strategy in senior management presentations, in communications across the firm, and with customers to ensure all stakeholders are engaged
• Evaluates success of projects by facilitating evaluations and assessing the results
• Develops Company objectives and financial goals for all related actives. Ensures that objectives and goals are obtained
• Meets with internal and external partners on a regular basis to review project status and identify any issues
• Completes other duties, including special projects, as assigned by Management
BS/MS in Computer Science or related technical field preferred (MBA is a plus)
• Experience leading projects from inception to completion
• Experience analyzing and assessing both qualitative and quantitative data
• Experience planning and managing multiple initiatives simultaneously
• Experience building and architecting technical solutions
• Experience with waterfall and agile software development methodologies
• 2 years experience as a District Manager preferred
• Ability to lead without direct oversight of personnel
• Excellent communication (oral and written), organizational, interpersonal and time management skills
• Ability to research and resolve issues
• Good understanding of intra-department functions and operations
• Ability to work independent of supervision in most cases
• Ability to handle diverse situations, multiple projects and rapidly changing priorities
• Effective problems solving and conflict resolution skills
• The ability to manage projects from start to finish
• The ability to manage several projects in different phases of execution at the same time. (Number of projects determined by their complexity and size)
• A strong technical acumen to provide technical and project planning support input to all groups
• A desire to continuously stay abreast of emerging technology trends and capabilities.
• A desire to continuously learn more about other departments in Speedway in order to identify challenges and opportunities for projects.
• The ability to use technical and business acumen to help identify new technologies and projects that should be tested.
• The responsibility for the project creation, milestone definition, resource assignments, schedules, quality expectations, and other project criteria including project financial updates for management.
• The ability to discuss the project with various levels of management; including executive management
• The ability to look for and recommend continuous improvement initiatives
• The ability to develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
• Ability to spot potential risks and troubleshoot solutions that lead to better outcomes
• Actively collaborate with other departments throughout the project; especially Marketing and Operations departments.