Responsible for the design, development (coding) and validation of Internet of Things (IoT) enabled products. Includes technology research, technical feasibility assessment, design and rapid prototyping that leads to successful products to drive digital based Cloud/Hybrid solutions with high visibility in the company. Works closely with product managers and software developers in an Agile development environment for creating and delivering products and solutions that are of the highest quality standards.
- Design and develop firmware solutions for embedded systems on IoT devices, Edge gateways and application interfaces for related Web and Cloud services
- Perform and document verification and code review activities that demonstrate the design meets requirements, including, but not limited to: unit testing, integration testing, system testing and Device functional testing
- Evaluate and recommend IoT and Edge device hardware that enables collection of digital data and publication to the Cloud
- Develop software stacks, tools, programming models and Application Program Interfaces (APIs) for new hardware
- Collaborate with other hardware product engineers to ensure Midmark digital capabilities are aligned with new product development
- Work closely with product owner and software developers to support the design and release of Midmark’s Cloud/Hybrid solutions
- Create and maintain documentation of digital hardware designs, including, but not limited to: architecture drawings, design documents and in-code documentation
- Research and review innovation concepts and provide technology input prescribing appropriate design/development direction which balance business requirements with technology standards to attain the optimal solution
- Assist in the overall design of the Midmark digital architecture for embedded devices
- Provide mentoring to new hires, contracting resources, co-ops and interns
- Support Cloud/Hybrid architecture, data ingestion, analytics and visualization
- Benchmark competitor technologies and help develop roadmaps for gaining competitive advantage through new technologies.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science required; Master’s Degree preferred
- Three (3) years of hands on experience in IoT device firmware programming
- Two (2) years of experience developing solutions leveraging Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud
- Competency in one or more of the following areas: Hardware System Integration, Signal and Power Integrity, RF Systems, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Wireless Communications, TCP/IP
- Knowledge of various protocols: UDP, HTTP, TCP/IP, MQTT, COAP, Bluetooth, enOcean, LoRa, etc.
- Programming in cross-compile environment such as Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone or other embedded Linux systems
- Strong communication skills interfacing with technical developers, product owners and stakeholders
- Operate within an Agile/Scrum team and participate in all aspects of the team’s work
- Understanding of advanced debugging/troubleshooting techniques, and working knowledge of source code control and defect tracking systems
- Experience with software and firmware development design tools
- Familiarity using Microsoft Azure DevOps (VSTS)
- Strong analytical skills, good judgment and decision-making ability
- Strong organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Comfortable working in fast-paced and dynamic technical environment
- Ability to work independently
- Exercise good, discretionary judgment in carrying out responsible duties.