Work Type: Full Time Consultant (40 hours a week on-site)
Location: Versailles, OH
Department: Service Desk/IT Support
Application: Submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
IT Technician proficient in multiple disciplines of endpoint device (laptops, desktops, thin clients, printers, mobile phones, etc.) management. Advanced technical knowledge in an area of discipline. Provides phone support, performs troubleshooting, issue resolution, and root cause analysis within focus area(s).
• Performs work under general supervision
• Performs project work as assigned
• Provides IT Service Desk phone coverage for user support
• Purchases, configures, and troubleshoots hardware and software problems
• Manages IT incidents and communication with teammates
• Maintains inventory of parts or components
• Performs diagnostics to collect information to determine the source of the issue
• Analyzes and corrects problems using documented procedures, tools, and personal knowledge/skills
• Creates and maintains technical documentation on hardware and software applications
• Ensures software and hardware deployed meets industry and Midmark security requirements
• Resolves production availability and high-risk issues when identified
• Initiates Incident Response Plan as needed
• Continuously learns and applies industry best practices on infrastructure management
• Provides on-call support for after-hours high priority issue management and resolution
• Authors how-to and knowledge management references
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field, or Associate degree with 1-2 years of relevant experience. Additionally, 1-3 years of IT support experience.
• Professional knowledge and troubleshooting skills to resolve PC issues
• Ability to effectively evaluate and methodically solve problems
• Ability to work alone as well collaborate within a team
• Experience offering printer support and troubleshooting, preferably in a manufacturing setting
• Experience installing and troubleshooting issues of Operating Systems (Windows / Mac), printers, MS Office (M365/O365), and troubleshooting general PC issues
• Curious, creative, logical, detail-oriented and ability to problem solve
• Excellent communication and documentation skills with attention to detail and quality
• Ability to evaluate and methodically solve problems
• Ability to work alone as well as collaborate within a team
• Ability to receive and analyze feedback from peers and stakeholders
• Ability to provide feedback to others in a respectful and constructive manner
• Creative thinking skills
• Ability to foster a positive culture within the team and organization
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a teammate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the teammate is regularly required to see, talk, and hear. The teammate frequently is required to sit and use hands. The teammate is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The teammate must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a teammate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the teammate is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the teammate. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.