KETTERING CITY SCHOOL DISTRICT
580 Lincoln Park Blvd. Ste. 105
KETTERING, OHIO 45429-2584
MINDY MCCARTY-STEWART KEN MILLER
Superintendent Asst. Superintendent of Human Capital
January 5, 2023
TO: All Kettering City School District locations and outside locations as designated by the Assistant Superintendent of Human Capital.
POSITION: CAREER TECHNICAL INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY TEACHER
Negotiable Start Date
LOCATION: KETTERING FAIRMONT HIGH SCHOOL
GENERAL INFORMATION: Seeking a person with a strong background in computer science and/or information technology. Must be knowledgeable in both networking and programming. Must be well organized and have the ability to collaborate with other professionals.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES, Partial List:
1. Develops daily educational and vocational objectives.
2. Supervises and manages all classroom activities.
3. Participates in school-wide programs and activities.
4. Communicates with parents and guardians of assigned students.
5. Maintains records regarding student progress.
6. Provides a variety of instructional experiences for all students.
7. Supervises and plans out-of-class industry-related experiences, including competitions.
QUALIFICATIONS, Partial List:
- 1. Work experience in a computer science/ information technology field
- 2. Familiarity with programming languages (i.e.HTML, C++, Java, etc)
- 3. Familiarity with networking
- 4. Familiarity with PC workstation hardware, Windows operating systems/
software applications, and a Windows network environment.
- 5. Must pass criminal background check.
- 6. Collaboration and problem-solving skills.
SALARY: According to the approved teacher salary schedule.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: All candidates are required to apply online at: www.applitrack.com/dayton/onlineapp. Current employees should apply as “INTERNAL” applicants and all other candidates (including current Substitute Employees) should apply as “EXTERNAL” applicants. The contact person is Liz Jensen, Career Tech Principal, Kettering City Schools – email@example.com. The search will remain open until filled, but applicant screening will begin immediately.
KETTERING BOARD OF EDUCATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER