Click Here to Apply!
Job No: 500269
Work Type: Staff Full Time (1500 hours or greater)
Location: Dayton, OH
Category: University Staff
Department: Athletics / Multimedia - 500370
Pay Grade: A - Exempt
Advertised: August 24, 2022
Applications close: September 14, 2022
Join The University of Dayton's Athletics department as a Creative Video Producer! This is a full time benefit eligible position that offers health, dental and vision insurance, retirement, disability, tuition assistance, vacation/sick accrual and holiday pay.
The Creative Video Producer will be responsible for the creation of select videos and motion graphics for the Division of Athletics. With a focus on men’s and women’s basketball, the Creative Video Producer will:
● Shoot and edit engaging video content for Dayton Athletics’ social media accounts, video boards, website, and television/streaming; including hype and intro videos, post-game highlights, short-form videos, long-form features, social media “quick hits,” sponsored content, motion graphics and special projects.
● Manage and mentor the Creative Video student staff.
● Work closely with the External Team to develop new strategies and content ideas to engage fans in-venue and via digital mediums.
● Serve as a consistent presence at athletic games and events to capture footage and tell the story of Dayton student-athletes.
● Properly track, archive and file video footage and projects.
● Occasionally assist in live game productions (both in-venue and ESPN+ broadcasts).
● Other duties/projects as assigned.
● Maintain thorough knowledge of and adheres to all applicable University, Atlantic 10 Conference and NCAA rules and regulations.
● Bachelor's degree.
● One year of experience in creative video production in collegiate athletics or professional sports or equivalent experience
● An established online portfolio of completed projects.
● Excellent technical, communication, interpersonal, time management and organizational skills.
● Working knowledge of professional production equipment, and software such as Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, After Effects, Photoshop and other Adobe associated products.
● Knowledge and experience in production techniques including videography, lighting, sound, editing, compression and file delivery.
● Ability to work independently as well as effectively in a collaborative team environment.
● Strong knowledge of editing and story-telling fundamentals
● Ability to work on weekends, evenings, holidays. Travel as needed.
● Must possess a valid driver's license, maintain a low risk driving record and be able to be insured by the university.
While not everyone may possess all of the preferred qualifications, the ideal candidate will bring many of the following:
● Three years of production and motion graphics experience.
● Sports camera operating experience.
● Online portfolio that demonstrates excellence in the job functions.
Special Instructions to Applicants
A federal court on December 7, 2021, issued a ruling that suspends the COVID-19 vaccine requirement that applies to federal contractors nationwide. With this development, the University will pause any enforcement action against employees who have not complied with the requirement to be fully vaccinated by Dec. 8, 2021 or to have requested an exemption to maintain their employment status.
The University will continue to monitor the state of the pandemic on campus and in the community as well as developments in federal and state requirements, and also will continue to regularly consult with public health officials and our medical panel. As has been the case throughout the pandemic, our protocols and requirements are subject to change depending on conditions on campus or in our community, and government requirements.
Informed by its Catholic and Marianist mission, the University is committed to the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Informed by this commitment, we seek to increase diversity, achieve equitable outcomes, and model inclusion across our campus community. As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, we will not discriminate against minorities, women, protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, or on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity.