Job No: 500116
Work Type: Staff Full Time (1500 hours or greater)
Location: Dayton, OH
Category: Research Staff
Department: Research IT - 250220
Pay Grade: P3 - Exempt
Advertised: July 28, 2022
Applications close: Open until filled
Click Here to Apply!
Are you interested in growing your career and education within a team orientated environment? UDRI, a national leader in scientific and engineering research, serving government, industry and nonprofit customers, invites qualified applicant to apply for our Cyber Security Administrator opening. This is a full time benefit eligible position that offers health, dental and vision insurance, retirement, disability, tuition assistance, vacation/sick accrual and holiday pay.
The Cyber Security Administrator will ensure the operation of UDRI's networks in order to provide maximum performance and availability for our users. This position is part of a team that is dedicated to support our operations. Responsibilities include designing, installing, maintaining, supporting Server infrastructure and other Microsoft based networks. This position will also be responsible for providing technical support, creating and maintaining network documentation, maintaining hardware and software standards, implementing upgrades as needed and maintaining network security.
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline plus 6 years of relevant experience; OR 10 years relevant experience
• Active CISSP or CAP OR equivalent certification or ability to acquire within one year of employment
• Experience with NIST 800-53 or NIST 800-171
• Experience performing technical security controls assessments and baseline validations
to identify vulnerabilities and control deficiencies as part of the continuous monitoring
• Experience supporting various information assurance sustainment activities including
(but not limited to): hardware change management, software change management,
account management, anti-virus updates, media protection, user interface, file transfers,
• Experience reviewing audit logs and audit trail data for anomalies and reporting all findings
• Experience in conducting initial and follow-on information assurance training and
awareness for users
• Ability to work with stakeholders to perform incident response, investigation, and resolution
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Due to the nature of the work, must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance
• Valid driver's license with low risk driving record
• Due to the nature of the work, must be a US Citizen
While not everyone may possess all of the preferred qualifications, the ideal candidate will bring many of the following:
- Experience researching and resolving complex network and IT issues
Experience in Microsoft server administration
Experience with the implementation and use of load balancers (F5) to manipulate,
optimize and control network traffic
Experience in administering Microsoft Office 365
Knowledge of CMMC regulations
Experience working with socially and culturally diverse communities
Special Instructions to Applicants
A federal court on December 7, 2021, issued a ruling that suspends the COVID-19 vaccine requirement that applies to federal contractors nationwide. With this development, the University will pause any enforcement action against employees who have not complied with the requirement to be fully vaccinated by Dec. 8, 2021 or to have requested an exemption to maintain their employment status.
The University will continue to monitor the state of the pandemic on campus and in the community as well as developments in federal and state requirements, and also will continue to regularly consult with public health officials and our medical panel. As has been the case throughout the pandemic, our protocols and requirements are subject to change depending on conditions on campus or in our community, and government requirements.
Informed by its Catholic and Marianist mission, the University is committed to the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Informed by this commitment, we seek to increase diversity, achieve equitable outcomes, and model inclusion across our campus community. As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, we will not discriminate against minorities, women, protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, or on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity.