Job No: 500037
Work Type: Staff Full Time (1500 hours or greater)
Location: Dayton, OH
Category: University Staff
Department: University Marketing - 650200
Pay Grade: A - Exempt
Advertised: June 15, 2022
Applications close: June 30, 2022
Join our fast-paced creative team! The Graphic Designer is a visual storyteller who creates strategic, compelling and inclusive designs that engage and persuade target audiences while advancing the brand and national reputation of the University of Dayton.
As part of University Marketing and Communications, the Graphic Designer will support the Art Director in advancing the brand and national reputation of the University of Dayton. This position focuses largely on developing advertising and branded graphics to generate awareness about the University, support recruitment of new students and encourage alumni engagement. The Graphic Designer will also support the Art Director in curating our photo/asset library and directing photo shoots. Depending on expertise, the position may also assist with taking photos and developing short videos.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are among the core values of the Division of University Marketing and Communications. We aim to authentically and intentionally represent all forms of diversity in the UD community in our marketing and communications. The Graphic Designer will help ensure our photos and marketing materials accurately represent the UD community.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficiency in InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to shepherd projects from concept to completion
- Ability to develop creative, cohesive and compelling designs, as demonstrated through a portfolio. (Applicants should provide a minimum of 5 design samples via a link to their online portfolio OR a PDF attachment in the application)
- Time management skills, including the ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously
While not everyone may possess all of the preferred qualifications, the ideal candidate will bring many of the following:
- Two or more years of professional design experience
- Experience designing pieces across multiple platforms (digital, print, email, web, etc.)
- Proven experience working within a brand
- Knowledge of how to design pieces that comply with ADA accessibility standards
- Proven photography experience (e.g., taking photos, cataloging/managing photos)
- Proven experience creating motion graphics, video animations/graphics, etc.
- Knowledge and sensitivity to Catholic and Marianist principles and values, including diversity and inclusion
Special Instructions to Applicants
To apply please submit a cover letter addressing each minimum qualification and applicable preferred qualifications that you meet. Applicants should provide a minimum of 5 design samples via a link to their online portfolio OR a PDF attachment in the application.
A federal court on December 7, 2021, issued a ruling that suspends the COVID-19 vaccine requirement that applies to federal contractors nationwide. With this development, the University will pause any enforcement action against employees who have not complied with the requirement to be fully vaccinated by Dec. 8, 2021 or to have requested an exemption to maintain their employment status.
The University will continue to monitor the state of the pandemic on campus and in the community as well as developments in federal and state requirements, and also will continue to regularly consult with public health officials and our medical panel. As has been the case throughout the pandemic, our protocols and requirements are subject to change depending on conditions on campus or in our community, and government requirements.
Informed by its Catholic and Marianist mission, the University is committed to the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Informed by this commitment, we seek to increase diversity, achieve equitable outcomes, and model inclusion across our campus community. As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, we will not discriminate against minorities, women, protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, or on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Click Here to Apply on UDayton Employment website!