Cedarville University is seeking to hire an IT Support Tier 2 Technician that provides advising, installation, diagnostic, repair and technical support services for university and personally-owned technology and peripherals. This is a full-time, non-exempt position that reports to the Director of Technical Services.
This position works as a team member performing assigned tasks and taking proper initiative to resolve the following user issues:
- Installs or removes hardware and/or software, using supplied installation instructions and tools including, where appropriate, handover to the client. Conducts tests, corrects malfunctions, and documents results in accordance with agreed procedures. Reports details of all hardware/software items that have been installed and removed so that configuration management records can be updated. Provides assistance to users in a professional manner following agreed procedures for further help or escalation. Reviews change requests. Maintains accurate records of user requests, contact details and outcomes. Contributes to the development of installation procedures and standards
- Identifies and resolves issues with applications, following agreed procedures. Uses application management software and tools to collect agreed performance statistics. Carries out agreed applications maintenance tasks.
- Prioritizes and diagnoses incidents according to agreed procedures. Investigates causes of incidents and seeks resolution. Escalates unresolved incidents. Facilitates recovery, following resolution of incidents. Documents and closes resolved incidents according to agreed procedures.
- Applies tools, techniques and processes to track, log and correct information related to configuration items. Verifies and approves changes ensuring protection of assets and components from unauthorized change, diversion and inappropriate use. Ensures that users comply with identification standards for object types, environments, processes, lifecycles, documentation, versions, formats, baselines, releases and templates. Performs audits to check the accuracy of information and undertakes any necessary corrective action under direction.
- Assists in investigation and resolution of network problems. Assists with specified maintenance procedures.
- Investigates problems in systems, processes and services. Assists with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures.
- Experience in installation and maintenance of computers and related equipment (or an aptitude for such work)
- Basic working knowledge of computer operation (OS & hardware)
- Aptitude and willingness to learn thorough diagnostic and repair techniques
- Qualified applicant must be a born-again Christian with a personal commitment to Jesus Christ
- Qualified applicant must agree with and be willing to abide by Cedarville University's doctrinal statement, community covenant, and general workplace standards.
All official inquiries should be directed to Teresa Day, Director of Staffing Services. Applicants must agree with and be willing to abide by Cedarville University's doctrinal statement, community covenant, and general workplace standards.
This position is subject to the University's verification of credentials and other information required by law and Cedarville University policies, including the completion of a criminal history investigation. Cedarville University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.