The IT Help Desk Support and Training Coordinator provides multi-channel support for individuals who contact Information Technology for assistance. The coordinator provides tier one help desk functions and coordinates day-to-day activities of the help desk student workers. The coordinator develops, organizes, and delivers Information Technology training programs to university faculty and staff. The coordinator also serves as the IT departmental receptionist in the absence of student workers. This is a full time, non-exempt position that reports to the Director of User Services.
- At least one year of education beyond high school or appropriate work experience. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a technology-related field preferred.
- High level of soft skills including effective communication, oral presentation, active listening, and conflict resolution.
- Skill in using Internet browsers, Google Applications (email and electronic calendar), word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software, and multi-line phones.
- Aptitude for analyzing user problems and determining appropriate solutions.
- Ability to learn new technologies and prepare instructional materials to train faculty and staff.
- Ability to write clear and concise technical instructions for a non-technical audience.
- Ability to complete concurrent tasks with frequent interruptions and with minimal supervision.
- Skills that apply to working professionally with a variety of people in a variety of work settings.
- Qualified applicant must be a born-again Christian with a personal commitment to Jesus Christ
- Qualified applicant must agree with and be willing to abide by Cedarville University's doctrinal statement, community covenant, and general workplace standards.
All official inquiries should be directed to Teresa Day, Director of Staffing Services. Applicants must agree with and be willing to abide by Cedarville University's doctrinal statement, community covenant, and general workplace standards.
This position is subject to the University's verification of credentials and other information required by law and Cedarville University policies, including the completion of a criminal history investigation. Cedarville University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.