Job No: 499858
Work Type: Staff Full Time (1500 hours or greater)
Location: Dayton, OH
Category: Research Staff
Department: Network - 250221
Pay Grade: P3 - Exempt
Advertised: April 13, 2022
Applications close: Open until filled
Click Here To Apply Directly To This Position!
Are you interested in working for UDRI, a national leader in scientific and engineering research, serving government and industry customers that offers tuition assistance for yourself and dependents, a great benefits package, and more? UDRI invites qualified candidates to apply for our Senior Network Administrator opening!
The Senior Network Administrator is responsible for maintaining network systems and services and maintaining service levels for all critical applications by installing, upgrading, configuring, testing, and troubleshooting as required. The Senior Network Administrator will assist in the development and/or enhancement of procedures, documentation, and/or methodologies to achieve optimum performance, security, delivery, and continuity of network services as well as meet compliance requirements. The Network Administrator will manage certifications and recommend the purchase of hardware and software as necessary.
1. Bachelor's degree plus a minimum of six years of related experience OR a Master's plus a minimum of five years of related experience is required. Education can be waived for an individual who possesses substantial relevant experience
2. Successful experience with all aspects of computer hardware and software maintenance, network and server administration, and user support in a Microsoft environment
3. Experience in managing servers in a virtual environment such as Hyper-V
4. In-depth knowledge of Active Directory
5. Experience in reviewing Server and Network logs
6. Active Security+, Network+ or similar certification or the ability to obtain within one year of employment
7. Experience in managing backup solutions
8. Experience successfully researching and resolving complex network and IT issues
9. Effective written and verbal communication skill
10. Due to the nature of this position, must be a US Citizen and able to hold a security clearance
While not everyone may possess all of the preferred qualifications, the ideal candidate will bring many of the following:
1. Experience in managing O365 or O365 in a GCC High Environment
2. Experience in using Power Shell
3. Experience in VPN and portal technologies
4. Experience in using SCCM
5. Knowledge of NIST 800-171 or CMMC requirements
6. Ability to work with socially and culturally diverse communities
Special Instructions to Applicants
A federal court on December 7, 2021, issued a ruling that suspends the COVID-19 vaccine requirement that applies to federal contractors nationwide. With this development, the University will pause any enforcement action against employees who have not complied with the requirement to be fully vaccinated by Dec. 8, 2021 or to have requested an exemption to maintain their employment status.
The University will continue to monitor the state of the pandemic on campus and in the community as well as developments in federal and state requirements, and also will continue to regularly consult with public health officials and our medical panel. As has been the case throughout the pandemic, our protocols and requirements are subject to change depending on conditions on campus or in our community, and government requirements.
Informed by its Catholic and Marianist mission, the University is committed to the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Informed by this commitment, we seek to increase diversity, achieve equitable outcomes, and model inclusion across our campus community. As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, we will not discriminate against minorities, women, protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, or on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity.