Job No: 499837
Work Type: Staff Full Time (1500 hours or greater)
Location: Dayton, OH
Category: Research Staff
Department: Business Systems - 250222
Pay Grade: P3 - Exempt
Advertised: April 08, 2022
Applications close: Open until filled
Click Here To Apply on UDayton Employment Website
Are you interested in working for UDRI, a national leader in scientific and engineering research, serving government and industry customers that offers tuition assistance for yourself and dependents, a great benefits package, and more? UDRI invites qualified candidates to apply for our Business Systems Analyst opening!
The Business Systems Analyst supports and manages the University of Dayton Research Institute's Deltek Enterprise Suite, which consists of Deltek Costpoint (Costpoint), Deltek Time & Expense (T&E), and Costpoint Business Intelligence.
This position plans, develops, and maintains innovative applications that serve the University of Dayton Research Institute’s business objectives. Works collaboratively with members of the development team, end users, and associated project partners.
Leveraging working knowledge of Costpoint, Time & Expense, Cognos and SQL Server, the Business Systems Analyst will perform the following duties:
• Coordinate with end users to develop requirements and solutions for extensibilities and automation
• Assist in testing and troubleshooting extensibilities, automation, and other features
• Gather requirements and develop\troubleshoot Cognos reports
• Develop scripts to assist in troubleshooting application issues
• Develop stored procedures
• Provide functional support for users and respond to and update user help tickets
• Bachelor's degree plus a minimum of six years of related experience OR a Master's degree plus a minimum of five years of related experience is required
• At least one year working with business applications in a software development role
• Thorough knowledge of IT Industry including programming, server support, and customer support
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to interact professionally with a socially and culturally diverse group of users and support staff
• Ability to work concurrently on multiple projects and meet assigned deadlines
• Expertise in at least two of the following languages/tools: Visual Studio, ASP.NET, Visual Basic, HTML, SQL
• Due to the nature of the position, U.S. citizenship is required
While not everyone may possess all of the preferred qualifications, the ideal candidate will bring many of the following:
- Expertise in data configuration and reporting
Knowledge of the pre award process for government contracts
Knowledge Banner or similar Enterprise Resource Planning systems.
Knowledge of payroll applications
Five years of experience supporting accounting systems; Deltek Costpoint or higher strongly preferred
Five years of experience with enterprise reporting tools; Cognos 10 or higher strongly preferred
Demonstrated experience with Federal Government contracting, accounting, and regulations
Special Instructions to Applicants
A federal court on December 7, 2021, issued a ruling that suspends the COVID-19 vaccine requirement that applies to federal contractors nationwide. With this development, the University will pause any enforcement action against employees who have not complied with the requirement to be fully vaccinated by Dec. 8, 2021 or to have requested an exemption to maintain their employment status.
The University will continue to monitor the state of the pandemic on campus and in the community as well as developments in federal and state requirements, and also will continue to regularly consult with public health officials and our medical panel. As has been the case throughout the pandemic, our protocols and requirements are subject to change depending on conditions on campus or in our community, and government requirements.
Informed by its Catholic and Marianist mission, the University is committed to the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Informed by this commitment, we seek to increase diversity, achieve equitable outcomes, and model inclusion across our campus community. As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, we will not discriminate against minorities, women, protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, or on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity.