Apply at https://www.winsupplyinc.com/support-services-careers
The Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst’s role is to study business requirements and design and implement BI software and systems to resolve those requirements. This includes integrating databases, data warehouses, and data access tools with business processes to drive success.
- Prioritize and select projects.
- Partner with business to gather requirements and translate into BI solutions.
- Design, test, deploy, and supporting BI solutions to business constituents both within and outside Winsupply.
- Assist users with questions, problems, communications, and training
- Discover and troubleshoot issues as they arise in the technical environment
- Participates in project and production support environments
- Assists in ad-hoc projects as assigned
- Provide detailed status and problem updates and analyses to all constituents
- Provide guidance to others within the department and across other IS groups
Competencies for Success
- Team work
- Analytical and Critical Thinking
- Planning and Organizing
- Minimum Qualifications
- BA/BS in Information Technology, Information Systems or Mathematics
- 4+ years of relevant IT or IS experience and School
- 2+ years of database experience
- Experience with Power BI or equivalent visual analytic tools
- Experience with the concepts of modern relational database management systems.
- Strong TSQL experience to include stored procedures, functions, merge statements and analytical functions.
- Have an understanding of the difference between operational and decisional databases.
Experience with Microsoft SQL Server including
- SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- SQL Server Agent
- SQL Server Developer Tools
- Understanding of the various information domains in a typical data warehouse environment
- Must be able to do basic tuning and optimization of data warehouse databases
- Understand the basics of indexing schemes, constraints and be comfortable studying query execution plans
- Must be able to extract and load data from multiple systems/applications into data warehouse and vice versa through SSIS and SQL Server Agent jobs built from TSQL scripts
- Must be able to ensure accuracy and integrity of the data in data warehouse that is loaded from multiple source systems.
- Must be able to cleanup data as required
- Must have a grasp of basic statistical analysis concepts
- Tabular or multi-dimensional modeling preferred
The performance of essential job functions for this position require both access to valuable assets and interaction with others under potentially stressful conditions. Therefore, individuals demonstrating a history of illegal substance abuse, theft or violence present a higher risk of loss and may be disqualified.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations:
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and other computer components
Winsupply is an equal opportunity employer, so it encourages all qualified individuals to apply including minorities, veterans, women, and those with disabilities.