Headquartered in Dayton, Ohio since 1910, Mikesell’s Snack Food Company manufactures and/or distributes snack foods such as potato chips, pretzels, puffcorn, popcorn, cheese curls and pork rinds in Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky and Central Illinois. It has manufacturing plants in Dayton and Indianapolis and distribution centers in Dayton, OH, Indianapolis, IN and Louisville, KY.
We are searching for an experienced IT Manager to lead our information technology team in the areas of development and engineering, security, infrastructure, business intelligence, technical business analytics, and systems support; to drive implementation of best practices for optimizing infrastructure and operation costs; and to improve system performance.
This vital role will develop and continuously align the multi Mikesell’s site manufacturing, e-commerce operations and our corporate office digital ecosystems with rapidly changing business needs and the Mikesell IT technical roadmaps. These roadmaps will support complex and exciting IT initiatives that require understanding of analytical problem-solving techniques, project management, lifecycle management and operational excellence.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Provide the strategic vision and leadership across Mikesell’s on all IT related tools and services
- Develop and operationalize Mikesell’s information technology strategy. Recommend short- and long-term IT goals and objectives to the Mikesell’s leadership team
- Continuously build and refresh knowledge of technology, through external networks, contacts and partnerships.
- Understand the changing competitive, consumer and technology landscape and identify opportunities to bring new tools, concepts, and approaches to Mikesell’s
- Responsible for developing roadmap and initiatives for IT Operations in collaboration with functional leads
- Build a business partner organization to deliver and maintain business capability/technology products and services, including but not limited to customer relationship management, sales force automation, marketing automation, B2B portals, e-commerce, web sites, customer data platform solutions, ERP, scanning platforms
- Drive transformational change and innovation while balancing business, infrastructure, and technology needs
- Provide management, leadership and development for IT team
- Implement best practices for optimizing infrastructure and operation costs and improving system performance.
- Define, champion, and execute the overall IT security strategy, roadmap, and governance structure in collaboration with IT and business stakeholders throughout the Mikesell’s organization
- Foster a strong customer-centric culture through the Mikesell’s organization and to our business partners
- Maintain disaster recovery and backup procedures to enable business continuity
- Manage selection, standardization, purchasing, configuration, and refresh of end user experience (Hardware/Software/Services)
- Ensure maximum uptime and stability in the company’s systems and networks
- Develop and manage IT budget
- ERP experience preferably JD Edwards or SAP in a manufacturing, distribution and warehousing environment
- Knowledge of business planning processes (budgetary, strategic goals, business metrics, etc.)
- Manages projects or customer relationships of critical importance
- Develops advanced/leading-edge technologies and/or concepts
- Creatively and strategically supports key business objectives
- Excellent leadership skills and the ability to coach and develop talent in alignment with Mikesell’s mission/vision
- Gathering business requirements and creating specifications
- Experience in re-engineering or process improvement
- Strong communication, project management and technical skills are critical
- Must be able to clearly communicate ideas and status to a variety of audiences
- Develops innovative solutions, systems and products to support Mikesell’s business objectives
- Builds external alliances with customers and industry experts to gain and share information and industry trends
- Impacts company results, image or operational effectiveness
- Provides influence and authoritative advice at the most senior levels
- Reaches out to support and collaborate with other Mikesell’s business functions
- Provides consultation, influence decisions, and identify and resolve critical issues
- Represents area of professional and/or technical expertise for Mikesell’s externally
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job posting does not constitute a job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the incumbent for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Our team members are the key to our success and that is why we offer career opportunities with outstanding benefits including:
- • Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
- • 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Matching
- • Supplemental Voluntary Benefits (STD, Life, Accident)
- • Generous PTO Policy & Paid holidays
- • FSA -Flexible Spending Account
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e., working from home) allowed for this position? No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law