- 701 S Ridge Ave, Troy, OH 45373, USA
- FLSA Status: Exempt
Hobart Service, an Illinois Tool Works Company, has been in business for over 120 years and is the trusted source for Commercial Food Equipment Service Solutions. We have over 1,700 associates nationwide who serve as valued partners to our customers. Our employees are dedicated to providing the best customer service, give back to the communities where they live and work, and demonstrate the ITW values of Integrity, Simplicity, Trust, Respect and Shared Risk.
Reporting to the IT Infrastructure Manager, the Telecommunications Engineer is responsible for maintaining, upgrading, and managing all telephony services for the organization. As an engineer/analyst, the selected candidate will contribute to the company’s business targets by partnering with business and IT stakeholders, understanding customer requirements, and recommending best practice driven solutions. The Telecommunications Engineer will administer a current CCaaS environment and on-premises PBX, while working as a key resource for a planned UCaaS implementation. The selected candidate will also be tasked with understanding and simplifying operational UCaaS and CCaaS processes to shorten implementation lead times.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Help to develop the corporate telephony, unified communications, and contact center vision
- Contribute to the company’s technical “cloud first” strategy
- Oversight and management of all aspects of the telephone, unified communications, and contact center environments
- Monitor sites to ensure reliability and uptime of the telephony system
- Ensure compliance with state and federal regulatory telephony requirements
- Develop and improve telephony operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in configurations, policies and procedures.
- Perform moves, adds, and changes of user accounts in the telephony system.
- Provide information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing reports within the telephony system.
- Provision phone systems with other members of the IT team for new or relocated branch locations
- Working closely with the IT Service Desk, be the primary point of escalation for all things telephony.
- Work with IT Leadership to understand priorities
- Partnership at all levels of the organization.
- Facilitate communications around telecommunications projects, especially change management related activities and ensuring key business stakeholders are informed of the plan, and changes.
- Participate in continued education to stay up to date on current UCaaS and CCaaS technologies and services in the industry
- Contribute to the development of a strategic direction of the enterprise IT Infrastructure services and operations.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field
- 2+ years’ experience administering CCaaS solutions
- 4+ years’ experience administering PBX or UCaaS solutions
- Office 365 Experience
- Microsoft Teams Experience
- Experience with direct end-user support
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Strong ability to prioritize
- Firm grasp on telephony operations and best practices
- Brings an outside-in perspective to telephony and IT operations
- Excellent and collaborative communication skills
- Ability to influence throughout the organization without authority
Preferred Education/Experience but not required
- Experience implementing UCaaS and CCaas solutions across multiple locations
- Experience with Shoretel/Mitel Connect
- Experience with Five9 Contact Center
- Experience with major UCaaS providers such as RingCentral, 8x8, Cisco, Zoom
- Administrative experience with Office 365 and Teams calling
- Experience integrating telephony systems with business systems such as databases, CRM, or ERP
Why work for us?
- Competitive pay
- Great insurance options with low premiums
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401K with company match
- Extensive on-the-job, online, and classroom training
- Service vehicle, uniforms, and safety equipment provided
- Safety-conscious work environment
Hobart Service is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ITW and Hobart Service are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for all employees. To demonstrate this commitment, Hobart Service is tobacco-free (including e-cigarettes) on campuses and within company vehicles and maintains a drug-free workplace.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.