Facility: Child Health Pavilion
Department: Community Health & Engagement
Schedule: Full time
Job Details: The Data Analysts, under the guidance of the Children’s Surgery Program Manager, is responsible for integrating people, processes, and technology to improve health care delivery. Through improved documentation and efficiency, the Data Analysts can support our caregivers to improve patient outcomes and provide extraordinary quality of care. The Data Analysts applies clinical knowledge, informatics knowledge, practice experience, critical thinking, and leadership skills to facilitate an interdisciplinary approach to support safe patient centered care. The Informaticist will integrate evidence-based practices, streamline workflows, troubleshoot issues, and assist the organization with delivering new functionality, communicating solutions, collaborating with stakeholders, and crafting solutions.
Department Specific Job Details: Dayton Children’s Center for Health Equity works to advance health equity solutions so all children can thrive. The Center works to achieve health equity through new approaches anchored in data, outcomes and evaluation across the clinical to community continuum.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, Center for Health Equity and Director, Health Outcomes Research, the Health Equity Data Analyst, with matrixed reporting to Decision Support Administration, performs a variety of duties related to query design, interpreting data, and the production of appropriate reporting and visualization to support initiatives related to the Center for Health Equity.
Working with Center leadership and decision support staff, the Health Equity Data Analyst will identify and gather necessary data that span operational and strategic needs and will build databases, reports, and visualizations to support those needs. This role works closely with leaders to drive reporting and analytics for health equity and social determinants of health programming.
DATA QUERYING AND ANALYSIS
- Identify information required to make effective strategic decisions related to health equity and health disparities.
- Translate questions from team members and leadership into data queries.
- Query, merge and analyze data from EHR system, clinical and public health registries and data sources (e.g., vital statistics registries, EPIC queries, publicly reported websites, etc.).
- Use large datasets to perform descriptive and statistical analysis.
- Identify and query appropriate data sources to support clinical and community-based interventions aligned with priorities of the Center.
- Analyze data using statistical and presentation software for reports.
- Produce clean datasets that facilitate analysis procedures that support Center initiatives.
- Support the design of web surveys, administer surveys, and analyze data using SPSS or related software.
- Support the data needs of team members including Equity Action Lab projects and Equity Catalysts.
REPORTING AND VISUALIZATION
- Generate reports to support a continuous improvement processes by monitoring clinical outcomes, community level measures and process indicators identified through the health equity strategy.
- Build and maintain the Health Equity Dashboard and related benchmarking reports.
- Build and maintain system to support data needs of Community Health Needs Assessment and Implementation Plan.
- Prepare and disseminate fact sheets and profiles related to Center priority topics and reporting requirements.
- Produce summary reports with Excel, Word, PowerPoint and/or data visualization software as appropriate.
TEAM SUPPORT AND CONSULTATION
- Serve on the workgroup leading the development and implementation of annual progress updates for the Dayton Children’s Community Health Needs Assessment and Community Health Implementation Strategy.
- Act as project and program resource, providing support for team members by building internal capacity for data analysis, interpretation, and visualization.
- Utilize research findings, critical thinking, clinical analysis and knowledge of current health equity and public health trends to create and maintain an environment for continuous quality improvement.
- Engage others in problem solving, improvement plans and decisions.
Education Requirements: Bachelors: Health Administration, Bachelors: Information Technology (Required)